Wednesday, October 17, 2018


Wednesday, October 17, 2018
92 Minutes

I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute.


     1.   Finish Independent Book Selection process (we ended with the Michelle Obama book.) Take notes on book choices. 

Get a copy of your book by Thursday October 25

     2.   Free-write: “What is Feminism, October 17, 2018”
·       What is feminism? (how do you define it?)
·       What does it mean to be a “feminist?” What behaviors, ideas, actions, etc. would indicate that someone (you, even!) is a feminist?
·       What behaviors, ideas, actions, etc. are NOT feminist?
·       Where and how does “feminism” take place?
·       Is “feminist” an identity? Explain. 



        HOMEWORK DUE FOR NEXT TIME (FRIDAY, OCT. 19): Choose one of the Common Application Essay Prompts and write a COMPLETE draft (500-650 words, typed, double-spaced.)






No comments:

Post a Comment